Header Ads

SSC ENGLISH GRAMMAR COMPLETING SENTENCE WITH ANSWER


 

(1)Chittagong Board – 2017

(a)He pretends as if he were mad.

(b) It is high time we left the place.

(c) Walk slowly lest you should fall down/stumble.

(d) Those who are idle can not succeed.

(e) Had I seen you before, I would have given you some money.

(2) Jashore Board – 2017

(a) Five years have passed since we met you last.

(b) Hardly had the assembly begun when the rain started.

(c) Walk fast lest you should miss the plane.

(d) Danger often comes where danger is feared.

(e) The lady speaks as if she were mad.

(3) Jashore Board – 2015

(a) No sooner had I reached home than the rain started.

(b) He was so lazy that he could not finish the work in time.

(c) It is health which is wealth.

(d) He succeeded though he did not work hard.

(e) As our elders love us, we should obey/respect them.

(4) Dinajpur Board – 2015

(a)United we stand , divided we fall.

(b) It is high time we became united

(c) Unless you are united, you will fail.

(d) Who does not know this wise saying?

(e) The story of the old man and his sons teaches us that unity is strength.

(5) Barisal Board – 2015

(a) We must work hard in order that we can prosper/shine/succeed in life.

(b) A man who is idle can not shine in life.

(c) It is hard labour that helps a man to reach his goal.

(d) The idle can not reach their target because they waste their valuable time.

(e) You can not prosper in life unless you work hard.

(6) Cumilla Board – 2015

(a) I would attend the party if he told me.

(b) The answer that he wrote is not correct.

(c) Finishing the work, I went to market.

(d) I saw my mother cooking food.

(e) To walk in the morning is good for health.

(7) Rajshahi Board – 2015

(a) If you do not waste your time, you will shine in life.

(b) This is the boy who stood first in the examination.

(c) I wish I were a bird.

(d) United we stand, divided we fall.

(e) The boy is so weak in mathematics that he can not do a simple multiplication.

(8) Dinajpur Board -2016

(a) He asked me where I had gone.

(b) I want to know how it can be done.

(c) Hardly had he started for school when the rain started.

(d) He told me that he would help me.

(e) Where there is a will, there is a way.

(9) Barisal Board – 2016

(a) Five years have passed since I met you last.

(b) It is a matter of sorrow that you do not utilize your time.

(c) I tried to write you but could not manage time.

(d) In fact, we all are always busy with our work.

(e) We hope that we will succeed in the examination.

 

(10) Chittagong Board – 2016

(a) 1971 is the year when Bangladesh became independent.

(b) Though Bangladesh has limited natural resources, it has a huge population.

(c) He can not pass in the examination because he is not attentive to his study.

(d) Be truthful if you want to prosper in life.

(e) His silence proves that he is guilty.

(11) Chattogram Board – 2019

(a) Walk fast lest you should miss the train.

(b) It is high time we left the place.

(c) The man was so weak that he could not walk.

(d) A stitch in time saves nine.

(e) As he was meritorious, he made a good result.

(12) Dhaka Board – 2017

(a) There goes a proverb that time and tide wait for none.

(b) Though lost wealth can be regained by hard work, lost time can never be regained.

(c) Time is valuable time that we should not waste it.

(d) Those who idle away their time can not shine in life.

(e) If you make proper use of time, you must be successful.

(13) Rajshahi Board -2019

(a) We should keep in mind that health is wealth.

(b) If we are not healthy, we can not lead a happy life.

(c) We must eat balanced diet so that we can keep fit.

(d) We should wear socks and shoes when we go out.

(e) Nobody likes a man who is unhealthy/dirty.

(14) Dhaka Board – 2016

(a) Smoking is a bad habit which is harmful to health.

(b) Many people go on smoking though they know it.

(c) If we smoke, we will suffer a lot.

(d) People can not give up smoking easily because they are addicted to it.

(e) So, attempts must be made by us to give up smoking.

(15) Barisal Board – 2019

(a) There is a proverb that health is wealth.

(b) Who does not know this wise saying?

(c) Unless you have good health, you will not become happy.

(d) You may have a lot of wealth but it is valueless without health.

(e) It is high time we started taking care of our health.

(16) Shylet Board – 2016,2015

(a) Yesterday I could not get up from bed in time because I was ill.

(b) As soon as I got up from bed, I went to the bathroom.

(c) Since I could not avail the bus, I hired a taxi.

(d) On the way to school, I walked fast lest I should miss the class.

(e) If I reached late, my class teacher would punish me.

(17) Rajshahi Board -2019

(a) Acid rain is harmful because it contains pollutants.

(b) The wind was so strong that we could not stand.

(c) Had he been little careful, he would have avoided the accident.

(d) They were frightened when they saw the tiger.

(e) Take your umbrella lest you should be drenched in the rain.

(18) Jashore Board – 2019

(a) The mango is a fruit which is available in summer.

(b) It is so delicious that everybody likes it.

(c) Rajshahi is the place where mango is grown.

(d) If you visit Rajshahi , Bogura and Dinajpur, you will see many mango trees.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.